+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google Analytics Training Book/Materials Recommendations

Alumnus

Question Google Analytics Training Book/Materials Recommendations

Can anyone recommend some good training materials for Google Analytics - something that gets into the meat and veg of it all? Material along the lines of The Fine Art of SEO for quality of reading etc.
    Like to read horror, supernatural or weird fiction? Check out Spooky Reads

There are a number of books but Web Analytics 2.0 by Avinash Kaushik seems to be the tome of choice. I haven't read it, so I can't give a personal view but the author is highly regarded and his blog is impressive.

If you're looking for something specific to Google Analytics, this book may be a better bet. Also, check out the Google Analytics blog.
    Perhaps late-night surfing is not such a waste of time after all: it is just the Web dreaming. Tim Berners-Lee
    Currently listening to: Script of the Bridge by The Chameleons

Alumnus

That's great, thanks David. I've read a couple of specific articles from Avinash Kaushik's blog, but didn't know about his book, or the other Google Analytics book or blog. I shall check both blogs to try and get a better feel before grabbing one of those books. Likely the Google Analytics specific one as that's the 'weapon of choice' at the moment.

As regards GA I've noticed a few times now I'm getting what appear to be reverse spam links from bit.ly/forex and another couple of linkproviders appear in my traffic sources pages. It's really annoying; though I found some posts to get around it, I am wondering if it can be eliminated fully. Whilst AW stats is great for raw data, it's not so hot for the on-the-fly manipulation and versatility GA provides. I guess MS Excel is good with AW stats data in that regard, just a bit fiddly making it to the stuff you take for granted with GA.
    Like to read horror, supernatural or weird fiction? Check out Spooky Reads

I've ordered the book 'Advanced Web metrics with Google Analytics' by Brian Cifton, suggested by David.
    I'll let you know after I have read it .

+ Reply to Thread