+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HTML5 & CSS3 for the Real World

Default HTML5 & CSS3 for the Real World

Sitepoint's new book HTML5 & CSS3 for the Real World has just been published and I just took a look at the sample download, on the basis of which, I'm very impressed. It takes a good, pragmatic approach and even makes suggestions as to how you might approach syntax style (an important issue with HTML5) and it's a suggested approach that I really like and will be adopting myself.

The sample chapters are worth reading in their own right, even if you don't get the book.
    Perhaps late-night surfing is not such a waste of time after all: it is just the Web dreaming. Tim Berners-Lee
    Currently listening to: Script of the Bridge by The Chameleons

Just had a look at the sample chapters and this looks really great. Will be purchasing.

I think syntax is the one thing I'm having trouble with in terms of getting my head around HTML5. I did try using HTML5 for my thesis and, it may sound silly, but I got really freaked out by it! My code seemed 'wrong' in relation to when to 'div' or when to 'section' or 'article' and there were h1's all over the place..I think it's going to take some getting used to..

I've also just purchased Introducing HTML5 (there's a second edition of this book out in September this year) so will be getting stuck into that too!

And whilst we're on the subject I absolutely LOVE the 'A Book Apart' books on HTML5 and CSS3.

Pui

Hungry? Visit Chinese Recipes for All.com

BTW, if you are going to purchase, it's much cheaper through Amazon than through Sitepoint - go figure!
    Perhaps late-night surfing is not such a waste of time after all: it is just the Web dreaming. Tim Berners-Lee

Out of stock already at Amazon :-(

Got my paper copy of this book last week. Content is very good but if you already own the Lawson/Sharp book on HTML5 and Dan Cederholm on CSS3, there isn't much new. However, it takes a project approach and you can work through the book rather than just read it. Actually, my main disappointment was that the book is printed in monochrome whereas the digital formats are in colour.

+ Reply to Thread