+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can this be right?

Default Can this be right?

Spotted in Winchester on Saturday.

help.jpg

It has been suggested to me that this notice is more likely to be read because it's in Comic Sans - can this be true?
    Perhaps late-night surfing is not such a waste of time after all: it is just the Web dreaming. Tim Berners-Lee
    Currently listening to: Script of the Bridge by The Chameleons

I think Comic Sans is becoming more popular. I see no end of signage using it. Astonishing.

Could the use of the Comic Sans font in safety notices ultimately be a risk factor, since a passing web designer may look at it with disdain and ignore it?

It is a typeface that speaks to everyone. For more defenders of CS, see Coffee Break posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    Could the use of the Comic Sans font in safety notices ultimately be a risk factor, since a passing web designer may look at it with disdain and ignore it?
    or tear it down!

Could be true though... by using an unexpected font for this type of sign I think you may well be less likely to just overlook it, as things we are used to blend into the background and out of consciousness.

So fortunately it's increasing popularity will render it invisible sometime soon!

On the Comic Sans theme, see the link below to another site by the creator of the original Bicycle Shop website. One of the most inappropriate uses of Comic Sans I've seen.

Sometimes a friendly font can be too friendly - Contrast: The font used by a designer for the organisations logo - fine.
    This website header - errrrmm
    Last edited by Nicola; 16th Jan 2012 at 02:58 pm.

That's not cool, could've at least matched the colours from the logo instead of guessing!

There's definitely something wrong with the combination of COMIC sans and TRAGEDY

Yes, have to admit that use it wholly inappropriate. Terrible colours too.

+ Reply to Thread