+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RSS aggregator forum?

Default RSS aggregator forum?

I'm considering starting a special forum on this board as a RSS aggregator. I set one up recently at CADTutor and it has been very popular. Visitors to the site get to see all the new posts and feeds from their favourite blogs in one place. You can see it in action here.

So, my question is: what blogs would you like to see represented in this forum?

So far, I have a very short list of:
    www.zeldman.com
    www.alistapart.com
    www.digital-web.com

but am aware of lots of others that might be useful.

I don't want to swamp the forum with RSS feeds so I'm only considering using maybe 6 to begin with.

Your suggestions would be welcome.
    Perhaps late-night surfing is not such a waste of time after all: it is just the Web dreaming. Tim Berners-Lee
    Currently listening to: Script of the Bridge by The Chameleons

Alumnus

Initial thought: "oh, dear God no, I'm drowning in RSS"
    Follow-up thought: "but there are some gems in there I can share"

Without further ado:

456bereastreet.com/ - Roger Johansson posts almost every day and the quality is superb.
    "Some Links For Light Reading" - I don't think there's ever been a duff article on these lists. A superb round-up of what's worth knowing
    Web Standards - The WaSP now blog and it's worth keeping up with
    Vitamin - Vitamin is an excellent site. The articles are a mixture of technical and straight forward

Those are, I guess, the very best of my web ones - the ones that pretty much always impress - I've got hundreds more, but I guess it might start to clog things up.

My current favourite site is Architectures Of Control - an awesomely cool site about the various different ways design controls users, from street furniture, to software, hardware and biscuit packets. It's not exactly webby, but I find it fascinating.
    /-{:}-\
    Currently listening to: Broken Records - Until The Earth Begins To Part

OK, the new forum is now up-and-running. I've initially included 6 feeds, details here.

Although I didn't include it (in order to avoid web feedback ), I also recommend Some Links For Light Reading, it's a great summary of useful stuff.
    Perhaps late-night surfing is not such a waste of time after all: it is just the Web dreaming. Tim Berners-Lee
    Currently listening to: Script of the Bridge by The Chameleons

Alumnus

Cool. The Guardian also has a feed for its tech stories, which tend to, at a minimum, echo the paper's printed supplement every Thursday.

If you have a look at it today, you'll see they've just published a load of interviews with people involved with Wordpress, Odeo, Flickr, Craigslist, del.icio.us, Digg, Feed Burner, Last.fm and more. This link to the Guardian's tech stories XML feed will open up in Firefox 2 and Safari (not sure about IE7).
    /-{:}-\
    Currently listening to: Broken Records - Until The Earth Begins To Part

Thanks for doing this David - some really useful stuff there!

+ Reply to Thread