User experience design
This course includes 2 assessed elements; a 10 question, multiple-choice quiz and a written discussion guide. Details of these elements are given below. Each of the elements has a slightly different weighting and this is indicative of the degree of difficulty and/or the amount of work required. The weighting is as follows:
- Quiz: 20%
- Discussion guide: 80%
The quiz is available on the course Moodle page. Please login to the student portal and find the course page on Moodle. You can repeat the quiz as many times as you like until it closes at the end of the day on (to be confirmed).
Write a usability test discussion guide for the Drupal Camp website Your discussion guide is what you would use in an actual test session, so it should include:
- An intro (as per Steve Krug’s) – that includes the description of the session and asking the participant to fill in a consent form.
- Opening interview or warm-up questions.
- 5 Task scenarios (you may decide what these tasks are).
- Closing Interview.
Your research objective is to improve the usability of the website.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QckIzHC99Xc – usability testing with paper prototype
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wQkLthhHKA – usability testing with paper prototype
- https://www.sensible.com/downloads/test-script.pdf – Steve Krug test script
Your discussion guide should be submitted as a .PDF file and uploaded to the course Moodle page. Use illustrations if appropriate. Remember, this is a guide, not an essay. Word count is not important but ensure that the document is easy to read and to navigate – it will be used in a real-world situation as a guide for an interviewer. Submission date for the discussion guide is (to be confirmed).